Thursday, August 7, 2008

Toot Toot

So, I hate to toot my own horn BUT... honk honk beep beep. I've been doing Weight Watchers since the middle of February. (And when I say doing WW, I mean, paying, going to meetings, weighing in, hard-core doing WW.) I guess I always thought it was for old ladies. I'm here to tell you that I LOVE weight watchers. Tonight I finally made my goal. I've lost 31 & 1/2 lbs. since starting (over 60 lbs since having Turner- yep, I was eating for 2- or was it 3, maybe 4!)

(If you don't know anything about WW you get so many "points" a day. You figure out your goal weight and points via a system they have created. Once you reach your goal weight and then maintain it for 6 weeks you become a lifetime member and no longer have to pay for meetings.)

They give out little awards and incentives along the way. At first I was embarrassed to announce when I had made my mini landmarks (you get a blue ribbon for your first 10 lbs. 20lbs. ; a key chain when you loose 10 % of your starting weight etc.) But then after my first blue ribbon, I TOTALLY got into it. The people at the meetings clap and the instructors make a big deal out of the weightloss, even when it's not that much. It sounds totally ridiculous, I know... but trust me... it motivates.

So for the first time in a long time, I feel free! Free of the extra weight, free from the pull of food, free to enjoy treats here and there and free to wear a way smaller pant size. One last thing I really like about WW- it's not a diet. It's the smart way to live. I really think I can live like this for a lifetime and not feel like I'm "giving up" stuff forever. I hope that I can raise my kids this way. It's been fun to see how this has rubbed off on Steve too. He unofficially joined me (particularly in the beginning) and has been a tremendous encourager- thanks bud.

Thanks for letting me indulge here!

4 comments:

KTC said...

fantastic! so excited for you...I'm really impressed!
Karen

jenny said...

So proud of you!!!! I have a cousin that did WW and it did wonders for her. I am so happy for you that you have had such great results. What an accomplishment. Thanks for sharing your happiness!

Traci said...

So proud of you E! I too want to thank you for sharing. Gives me a bit of hope...

Carita said...

Before I even read this blog, I was going to mention how great you look. You've always been beautiful, but it seems you're embracing that and I love how you said you feel "free!" Congrats! Thanks for sharing.