Wednesday, August 20, 2008

fun times


Tonight our family had a treat. We met up with several other friends including Gabe and Rachel (pictured here) who are in the Buckeye state visiting from Florida. Gabe and I go way back and the older I get the way backer it gets! We first met in '94 a summer missions trip in NYC and have been buds ever since. Gabe is one of the most connected people I've ever met. Chances are, if you are reading this blog, you've met him. It's like six degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon only with someone I know!
Our good friends, Matt and Sally, hosted us as well as another friend Tricia. Matt and Sally have a daughter and Olivia likes her alot (and her cool toys!!) Thanks to Ava for sharing well tonight with a bossy 2 1/2 year old.
About 3/4 of the way through dinner (and 2 tantrums and 4 trips to the potty later) *which is not an exaggeration by the way* I leaned back in my chair, looked over at Gabe whom I have know through many stages of my life and declared, "What has happened to me? I used to be fun." Ahh... life does have its ebbs and flows, doesn't it. I mean, my life is fun (if pooping on the potty dance parties and celebrations when Turner's barf hits the wood floor rather than my outfit can count as fun) and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
It is so fun, in fact, that we are working hard on adopting our third. Days like today I wonder if we are crazy. Especially today since we ran our buns all over the greater Dayton area to get passports copied, notarized and varified. Pictures of us living in China rounded up and any other kind of "proof" that we, in fact did once upon a time, lived in China; so that my friend Lisa can march into the PSB and request a letter stating that we are not child abusers (all from a country/government that keeps no such records.) Oye, veh! Here we go. Special thanks to Chelsey who spent a large portion of her work day trying to figure out how to make sure our Fed-Ex packages gets to where it needs to go. And extra kisses to my husband who put extra sweat of his own into this one-- thanks, bud.

No comments: