Tuesday, September 8, 2009

laboring day

Other than a "wee" bit of a mess at the end of the day to clean up...
(or more accurately, I made the mess and Steve cleaned it up)...
it was a perfectly lovely labor day and "end" to summer. Minus the rain. And the yelling and screaming kids. And the fact that my baby starts 5 day a week pre-school tomorrow. But whatever.
This sweet scene of Olivia and her best bud, Ava, is one I want to ingrain in my mind forever. These two little girlies are pure sweetness.
Their brotherly counterparts are a different story. Because of the aforementioned rain, we kept all 5 kids inside for the afternoon and the Koproski brothers were particularly loud and cranky. And violent. Oh well. Good thing Ava's daddy, Matt, is in on duty here! So although summer is unofficially over and my whites are to be retired, I feel like we might still squeak a bit of summer fun in a little while longer. I'm just not ready to let it go yet. Although, I am itchin for some fall festivals (dare I say FunnelQuest '09 continues???)

No comments: