Saturday, June 6, 2009

A real crappy morning.

For a variety of reasons, last night was the first night in 6 nights that I got awesome sleep. It must have been my praying husband. I told him to pray hard, because if I didn't get a good night's sleep last night, I wasn't sure there would be a wife and family to come home to.

Well, it's a good thing I was coming off a sleep high, because we came across a bit of a challenge this morning. After I got the kids dressed, watching cartoons and drinking milk, I was able to slip to my room and get myself dressed and pack my gym bag for a morning of YMCA fun.

When I got back to our upstairs sitting room where the kids were watching Saturday morning cartoons I could tell that Turner had pooped. No big deal, that's kind of the morning routine around here.

As I was changing Turner and before I could stop him from what I saw coming, he grabbed the top of the dirty diaper that was still under his buns but had just been unfastened and pulled it up toward his head, plopping a huge glob (and pretty much the entire contents) of poop ON HIS FACE! He then rubbed it off his face (getting it all over his hands) onto the comforter of the guest bed that I had been changing him on. "Oh my goodness, Lord have mercy" was all I could mutter over and over.

But here's the kicker... As I was running around trying to figure out what to do since I had yet to wipe his poopy buns, get the poop off his face or the comforter the only thought that ran through my mind was, "I wonder where the camera is because this would make an AWESOME blog post." Am I a sicko or what???

Thankfully, prudence won out (as did the fear that the authorities would show up at my door after a blog reader turned me in) and I skipped the photo op and calmly and cooly got everything cleaned up, including the comforter after 2 cycles through the wash. We even made it to the Y and ended up having a real nice rest of the morning. All I know is, Steve owes me BIG time when he gets back!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

The title of this post says it ALL! Glad you survived it!