Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life is like a game of Risk

The better the strategy, the more likely you are to win. That has been the name of the game since Sunday.

Today's strategy? The mall! O has been bugging me to go play at the mall for weeks. (We drive past one nearly every day on the way home from the Y.) When I tell her no almost every day she usually says, "You keep forgetting to take me." Whatever. It's finally nice enough to get our butts outside, we're NOT playing at the mall.

Except today. It was 86 degrees and 100% humidity. Plus it was something she wanted to do. So... the mall it was.
Since we were already there, I had to pick up a few things. Bath and Body Works was having its semi-annual sale and if you haven't gone yet, I recommend you do. Great buys.

We also swung through Gymboree. They were having a cool sale. You got 30% off whatever you could fit in a Gymboree shopping bag. Don't worry, Steve, I didn't fill it up. But I did walk away with 3 really cute hats. Turner and Quinn now have these matching baseball caps. And although this is not a great shot of T in his, trust me it is adorable. For the 17 seconds he'll leave it on his head. Good thing it was only 5 bucks. I've gotta find something that will keep his Polish little head from burning this summer.
Just yesterday I pulled out an adorable floppy sun hat for O that I bought at a different Gymboree sale a few months ago. I thought it would make a great hat for the pool. She said, "Nope" to it yesterday. But when I got hats for the boys, O really really wanted a hat. "But I like hats now." Hmmmm... okay, here's a 3 dollar visor. Girl never took it off today.

After the mall I was about to make a middle of the day adjustment to the strategy and instead of going to the Y for an evening Zumba class where the kids could play in childcare, I was going to take them to the pool. But at 3:00 the heavens opened and the thunder rolled. So back to plan A. On our way home we got caught in another fierce storm and I need to inspect the van tomorrow in the daylight, but I fear hail damage. Hail damage? Hail no!

3 down, 6 to go!

No comments: