Wednesday, November 12, 2008

what's in a name?

I'm sitting here enjoying my morning cup of Dunkin Doughnut's Cinnamon joe, catching up on my blogs and I just heard Olivia running around the kitchen saying, "Lucifer, where are you Lucifer?" I'm pretty sure that my 2 1/2 year old little girls SHOULD NOT be looking for the devil in my kitchen!!!
Then I heard "C'mon Lucifer, let's go." O was following Baxter around the kitchen and they were going to "visit puppies." (??? who knows, she's 2!!)
I laughed out loud for a few seconds. Just to clear the air- we do not talk about Lucifer on a regular basis around here; but if you have a daughter under the age of 9 you may trace the Lucifer reference back to the cat in Cinderella. (Nice Disney, why couldn't you have named the cat fluffy or something?) But to further clear the air, Lucifer is a highly appropriate name for our dog and the irony coming from 2 year old lips is staggering. Oh, but I'll put it out there again, if anyone is in the market for a 5 year old Springer Spaniel, Lucifer (I mean Baxter) would be a great fit for your home!

No comments: