Friday, November 7, 2008

I just can't keep up!

I mean, really!

I got a call from our adoption agency this afternoon. To be honest, when I saw the caller ID I got a bit nervous. I'm such a pessimist, my first thought was something had happened to Quinn or bad news blah blah blah. Well, they were calling to let us know that we have received our Pre-Approval. (That's PA in adoption speak.) To be honest, I have not even looked ahead to see what the next steps are. So I just laughed and said, "Are you kidding?" Melissa on the other line laughed too. She said, "I know, I was looking at your file and to be honest, I can't believe you guys got this already."

I went on the agency website to find out what the next steps are and found out that it usually takes 3-7 weeks to get the PA after your letter of intent is sent (we sent that last Friday.) Our dossier is still 2 months away from being finished. (I did ask if that would be a problem for us, now that we have our PA) She said we can always file for an extension.

Okay, so I looked ahead and the website said that once our dossier is locked in (hopefully by January) it may take 2-4 months to get our Travel Approval. That is the *BIGGIE*. That is the one that makes this whole thing official and from there you apply for a travel visa, make arrangements etc. So there is really, truly a chance Quinn will be home late spring, early summer. Wow. I feel like we've been doing adoption on steroids. Seriously, I can barely keep up with all of this. I just can't wait to kiss those chubby little cheeks!

No comments: