Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back in the saddle

Today I must have been feeling really good because I made it to CVS. I was recently reading a blog of a total stranger who had recently adopted from China. She said something to the effect of, "the easy number of kids is one less than the number you currently have." I whole heartedly agree. I had a few errands to run this morning and since this was the last day of Steve's "maternity leave" I took advantage of it by taking Quinn and Olivia with me. I actually felt like getting my feet wet again in the coupon world (I've actually turned my back on saving a buck lately... it just has felt too overwhelming and time consuming in the weeks heading into the trip to China. And since we've been home I've barely been able to remember my own name let alone put a coupon with a circular.)

But today was the true turning point in my new life. Yeah, I went to the Y this week. Yeah, we got haircuts and went on a date. But as I crossed the threshold of the CVS doors, I felt like I was back in the land of the living. I did have to give myself a bit of slack as I allowed myself to use up all my ECB's pre-China and essentially was starting over. But the good deal on Coke products lured me in! So, with 6 ECB's in my pocket and a stack of coupons waiting to be clipped and organized, I'm planning just to clear my binder (even if the coupons are still good) and start over. It just feels like the only doable solution. And I can live with it.

Tomorrow I'm on my own with all three. I may be crazy, but I'm actually looking forward to it. I want to look insanity in the eye and laugh (or run screaming and crying like a little girl... whatever.) If you don't find a post within the next few days, feel free to call local hospitals and check the looney bin. I may have checked myself in. If not, I'll post pics soon.

No comments: