Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Come on 7's, Mama needs a new tatoo

Not really a new tattoo, since I don't have one to begin with... but apparently Olivia thinks I'd be cooler with a tat. We were driving home from popping Quinn's papers in the mail where we had an interesting if not a wee bit disturbing conversation. (By the way, the quest for Quinn's paper work is NOT over. More papers off to another governmental office where they will in turn send us another official form saying we're fit to be parents which in turn gets us another week closer to meeting our son.) But I digress.

Olivia got a tattoo from a health fair (go figure) at the Y the other week. It was a lady bug and she wanted it on her forearm (seemingly so she could gaze at it frequently.) That was some tattoo. It lasted well over a week until I pulled a sneak attack in the tub the other day. When washcloth met lady bug, it was adios tattoo. This caused a very large, very loud three year old tantrum. I've been paying the price ever since.

Well, the drive thru worker at Burger King (NOT that we went there for lunch or anything) had a massive tattoo right where O's lady bug would have been had I not been so cruel. So for the 7 minutes it takes to get from BK to home there was a monologue about tattoo's. (Is that normal from a 3 year old?)

O declared: "Mama, we should get you a tattoo."
Me: "Hmmm.. what kind of tattoo?"
O (after a few contemplative seconds): "A beautiful tattoo! A beautiful, sparkly, Hannah Montana tattoo! Do you love it?"
Me: "Well, I'm not sure that the whole Hannah Montana thing is really me."
O (somewhat disappointed): "Oh. I think it would be beautiful. How about a Cinderella one instead?"

We may have lunch from the Burger King drive thru- but we DO NOT watch Hannah Montana. I'm not really sure where she gets this stuff, but advertisers are getting their money's worth from my three year old, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Susie said...

I'll have to ask simon what movies they've been watching lately...