Monday, April 6, 2009

A chip off the old block

We were at church on Saturday night. We go to a well attended church in town and some weekends there is a shortage on childcare. The past couple of weeks the teacher crunch has hit Olivia's class. (ouch.) A bunch of 3 year olds during service is a plea in and of itself for more help.

Before our band got up to lead us in singing there were some video announcements. In the background of the video was a rather popular worship song. Olivia rather loudly announced, "I don't like this song." Pause "I like David Cook!"

Needless to say heads in several directions nearly spun off their necks in order to catch a glimpse of the "heathen" child. And there I sat beaming proudly. My mom reminded me I got luckily. Olivia could have boldly and proudly announced her love for "Womanizer" by Brittany Spears. God's grace does abound!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

She's got good taste, that Olivia. I think heads were turning because they were so impressed that such a little girl had such great taste in music!

Traci said...

I love it. And I really wish I could've been there to see it!