Wednesday, April 8, 2009

all for nothing

Starting yesterday our house has been cleaning central. We found out a few days ago that we were FINALLY going to be showing our house tonight. It's been up on the "official" market now for over a month with not even a slow moving car in front of our house. (You know the kind where they are trying to not look obvious, and we are on the couch not trying to look obvious, but at the same time laughing heartily as if to say, "See, if you lived here your life would be so full, happy and full of laughs! Please, come, have a look.) Yeah, not even that!

But with the showing and all, things needed to get back to the show-readiness that it was a month ago. I have to say, the one thing that has managed to stay in order is my pantry. I'm pretty proud of that. It helps when you don't really cook, thus not really needing to get things out of order. At least that's my M.O.

Well, about 30 minutes ago I got a call from Steve saying that our showing has been cancelled. Well, I don't know if it's been completely cancelled or just postponed. Time will tell. So, great... now I've got a clean house for nothin'. Maybe that's what I need for the rest of my life. A "we're gonna show your house to potential buyers" phone call to light the fire under my otherwise lazy and apathetic cleaning buns. Cuz guess what? It works!

No comments: