Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to life; back to reality

Wasn't that a song in the '80's? After being on the road for nearly 2 weeks (with a night or two in our own beds here and there) we are HOME. We got back from Kalamazoo, MI Saturday evening at 5:00pm. We were about to unload the car and crank the house heat back up when we decided maybe catching the 6:00 service at church would be a good idea. (After 4 1/2 hours in the car w/ the kids it seemed like an AWESOME idea to let someone else be with them for an hour and a half.) Best decision of our week~!

I spent most of Sunday grocery shopping, finding homes for all the new toys that have found our house as their new address and packing away Christmas decorations. Why do the Christmas towels, tree ornaments and 75 other red and green nick-knacks seem like such a brilliant idea in November and then turn on you the first of January? Who thought re-decorating your house for one month was a good idea? Wish that same person was available to pack up the Rubbermaid containers and haul them up to the third floor!

Today, back to normal. Ahhh. Pilates, crazy lunch, nap time, waiting for the UPS guy to bring our new flat-screen tv... you know, the usual. My kids are about as inflexible as they come, and there is no guess work in trying to figure out where they get that from. I sure do love my routine! The holidays are magical and all, but I'm glad we're back to boring.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Glad you're back and settling in after the holidays!

Herman and I were just joking that we are so Chinese because we don't decorate (at all) for Christmas. But I also think a big part of it is that I'm just too lazy! I guess that'll all change when we have kiddos to decorate for.