Thursday, January 29, 2009

"You're getting good at this"


Words that will keep me going with this coupon/CVS thing for at least one more week. The super nice cashier at the CVS that I go to has hung in there with me. Since blowing the budget in November and December trying to get this thing right, I think I now have it down.
I got all this stuff for $25.18, out of pocket. The cashier "announced" to the line that I'm getting good at this and that I saved $50 this trip. I also made 8 ecb's for my next trip. And after I go back tomorrow and get my "free" razor, I'll make another 4 ecbs. I actually got a few of these items for free b/c they were on the clearance rack and I had coupons for the exact amount of the clearance price. So what if I don't exactly need 2 bottles of Pantene conditioner, I might sometime, and since I didn't have to pay for it... I also got that bag of Chex Mix for free and the Mentos gum for free. The three pack of Kleenex was .69 out of pocket.
The weather here is glum, 8 inches of snow, freezing cold temperatures and more snow on the way. My mom's been in the hospital so the last thing on my mind has been CVSing, but my mom was released to physical therapy rehab today, I got Kudos from the CVS cashier and the weekend is right around the corner. Yippee!

No comments: