Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So I'm not so detail oriented...

Last night was the first showing of our house. Steve put our house up for sale by owner about 2 months ago and we haven't had a single call about it. It's really fine, we don't have to move. With Quinn coming, we'd like more room and with school around the corner for O, it would be nice to get out of our current school district, but there is no immediate need to move.

So we were thrilled to have a call on the house and a young, single girl come and look at it. We decided it would be a good idea to get the kids outta the house while she looked around, so we went to the Y for the evening. When we got back she had already come and gone and I couldn't wait to get the scoop.

The weird thing about for sale by owner, you get to hear what the people really think. Humph!! Pretty much, she's not gonna buy it (unless a miracle happens, but the way things are going for us these days, I wouldn't be surprised!)

She told Steve if she took it, she'd have to make a few changes. (Duh, that's what you do when you buy a house!) I asked if she expanded on that. He said she commented on our kitchen cabinets and how they aren't the same.

What? That's not true.

I walked into the kitchen, and sure enough, I've lived here nearly 6 years AND NEVER EVEN NOTICED. By golly, our kitchen cabinets don't match. Ha! That's me in a nutshell. I am so not a detail person (drives Steve crazy!) So next time you are at my house just smile and nod and pretend like everything is normal, apparently I like it that way.

No comments: