Thursday, December 11, 2008

To catch a bug

Do you ever have those days where you think about how nice it would be to have a sick day. A day where you just stay in bed and your husband brings you stuff and watches the kids all day? Wouldn't that be lovely? Be careful what you wish for.

About 10:30 Tuesday night I began a bout of the 24 hour intestinal flu. It actually started around 9pm when I was at a training conference for my job. I started getting really cold and I needed to do a short presentation. I really don't even remember what I said, but I remember getting in my car and praying the whole way home that I wouldn't throw up in the car. God showered me with grace because I didn't even hit one red light. I ran from the car to the house (briefly considering throwing up in the yard, but remembered the dogs in our house and thought I could make it 50 more steps.) So from 10:30 pm-4:30 am I suffered and suffered. I couldn't get out of bed the next morning and was nauseous until 3pm yesterday. I finally was able to get some Sprite and a Popsicle down. Late last night I had some toast, popped a Tylenol PM for my achy-ness and had a full 9 hour sleep last night. I woke up this morning, showered and was going to present at my conference (I have a huge guilt complex) but by 9:00 I realized I could actually use a nap. (I NEVER nap!) So now I'm feel good, still a bit wiped- it's nearly nap time and I just may lay down again. It's been years since I've had the flu (stupid flu shot) and I hope it's years until I have it again. I'll tell you one thing, it's gonna be a long time before I eat Q-Doba again!!!!

No comments: