Tuesday, December 9, 2008

In the giving spirit

Today has been a particularly exasperating day w/ a two year old and a nearly 1 year old. Sometimes I think I try to do too much, but when I consider the other option (sitting in my house all day w/ these two) I think I'm making good decisions. Just maybe not today.

Tuesdays are my favorite day to work out. There is a kick-your-butt-until-you-want-to-die spinning class that I LOVE. And unless I'm out of town, sick or otherwise unable to make it I'm there in the front row, moaning and groaning with the rest of them. Today it was raining cats and dogs but we went anyhow. Naturally, its the really bad weather days that O tends to protest stuff. Stuff like getting in the car, hustling along and general obedience.

With Christmas sneaking up like no body's business I thought today would be a great day for some shopping. Of course when we pulled into our parking spot the heavens parted and let down some rain that would drown a small child. But in we marched. Blast those Disney Princesses that make our shopping trips twice as long. We did, however, make it outta there w/o a single pink princess anything in the cart.

After a *small* incident getting out of the car in our garage, that required a bit of yanking and coercing (its a good thing that all the neighbors work during the day, now they can still think I'm an in control parent) it was lunch time.

For a change, the kids sat quietly, ate well and were generally pleasant. I saw my chance to do a few things in the kitchen after Turner was done eating and was crawling around on the floor, happily playing. When I came back in the room, did I ever walk into a mess. Olivia had decided to share her yogurt with her little brother. He had the spoon in his mouth and the cup of yogurt all over himself, the floor and the rug. He couldn't have been happier and O was so proud "Look, mama, I shared my yogurt with Turner." Wow... this is the first thing in 11 months O has shared. It must be the generosity of the holiday spirit. Lovely! The Christmas spirit lives indeed.

No comments: