Saturday, December 13, 2008

Back to my new tricks

Because of my bout with the flu, my house is in shambles, my fridge is out of milk, eggs and all other essentials and laundry is piled to the ceiling. However, as I try to keep priorities- priorities; I was able to save us some money this weekend.

Last night I met my friend, Sally, for dinner at Panera (thanks for a great time, Sally!) And after, I thought I'd hit Victoria's Secret for another much needed bra. I found one I really like that is only $19.95. I got a $10 off my purchase coupon in the mail and had $6 on a gift card that was left over. Also, during my last purchase they gave me a card that I didn't really know how to navigate, but I stuck it in my pocket. When I got there, they were having a buy one bra get one 50% off. When I got to the register I found out the card in my pocket was a mystery gift card w/ as little as $10 and as much as $500 on it. Naturally, mine had $10, but I'll take it. So I walked outta there w/ 2 bras and I gave the woman $3. 23! Yes!!

Turner was totally out of diapers so I HAD to go to CVS today (they are having buy $25 of Huggies products, get 5 ECBs this week, plus I had some nice coupons.) I got three jumbo packs of diapers for $19 something, got 5 ECBs back. And then I got all that is pictured for one dollar and three quarters. I also got 15 ECBs back. By golly, I just might be getting the hang of this coupon thing down. Very fun and very satisfying.

It's too bad CVS doesn't sell something that picks up my house, does the grocery shopping and folds laundry (oh yeah, that's called a mom! And we already have one, the problem is- it's me!)

1 comment:

Mommin' It Up! said...

I'm so proud right now, I'm practically weeping! Great job!