Saturday, October 4, 2008

Excitement on a Saturday


The normal Saturday morning at the Koproski's- The Today Show, coffee, either spinning class or a Weight Watcher's meeting, something fun in the late morning/lunch time (today it was a trip to the mall w/the kids while Steve power washed the deck so that he can prime and paint it.) and then naps.
Check check check and check. But what made this morning really exciting- and even brought the neighbors out of their homes, was a visit from the Dayton Fire Department.
I was getting the kids settled in for naps (O was already on her second "bookie") when the fire detector went off. Or at least I thought it did. Turns out it was the carbon monoxide detector. Steve unplugged it and replugged it and thought we should wait and see. I've never really thought of my self as an over-reactor, but now with kids, I just don't want to mess around with stuff. Especially after too many PSA's about carbon monoxide being the silent killer and stuff like that. So Steve called the fire department.
And in return, we got a visit from the big ladder truck. Sweet. I was a bit bummed though. No sirens or horns blaring. But three firemen did take a walk through the house and found traces of CO2. They told us to open windows and doors and that we should be okay. They were rather certain it came from the power washer Steve had been using this morning.
There are 2 morals to this story:
1.) Forget home improvements! They are more trouble then they are worth.
2.) Always keep your house in "firemen" ready condition.
After they left I went upstairs and realized that it looked like a bomb had gone off. I had been getting laundry together this morning and forgot to finish that job, not to mention leaving a dirty diaper laying on the floor b/c I was going to get to that after I put Olivia down for the nap. They were gracious on their way out and even commented, "beautiful house." But I bet they had a nice chuckle all the way back to the fire house!

1 comment: