Saturday, March 12, 2011

A beautiful day...finally

There is hope of spring here in Dayton, today. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and the temperature is above 50. It's funny how the weather can affect a person. This past week has been pretty good. Although, I realized the other day that I had pretty high expectations for the week. Because it was my "off" week, I expected to feel normal. Like my old self. But reality is that I'm still only 7 weeks out of MAJOR surgery, I am still not 100%. My digestion is still a bit wonky, I still have a weak core and I get tired easily. I think I also had this *I only have one off week, I have to squeeze every ounce out of it* mentality. And I *may* have overdone it a bit.

So, I know how to do it a bit more realistically next time.

As it turns out, Turner had strep throat this week and O stayed home from school on Friday because of a fever. I got on some antibiotics as a precaution since I have round two of chemo on Monday. That's just the way I guess this goes in a house full of little kids and germs. Thankfully, really all I've felt is a stuffy nose.

I have gotten a few nights of good sleep too, so for that I'm thankful.

In fact, there's been a lot to be thankful for this week. There have been a few moments of fear and sadness, but for the most part, it's been a good week. Now I'm off to enjoy the rest of this beautiful Saturday.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay E! I'm so glad to hear it! Spring is wonderful and such a life giver. I'll be praying that you are healthy going into Monday. Hey, you free to talk tomorrow? Love you!

cindy q said...

Yeah! Glad to know you had a beautiful day.

Gale said...

We are praying for you here in North Carolina. I will be up early Monday morning lifting you up to our heavenly Father. Know that you are loved.