Monday, May 10, 2010

Joinin 'em

Every blog that I checked out this morning had something to do with Mother's Day. A list, a poem, pictures. Although every fiber in my being wanted to do a post on anything BUT Mother's Day, I just couldn't. So if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

This weekend we headed up to Toledo to spend the weekend with my parents. I have not been with my mom on Mother's Day in I don't know how many years. And although she didn't love her hair in this pic, I L.O.V.E. the picture of the 3 generations and how adorable O's smile is. So, suck it up Bebe! We love you.
While we were in Toledo, Quinn decided to re-name himself. Somehow we were talking about Olivia's haircut and called it a bob. From then on, Quinn decided he wanted his name to be Bob.

I asked if I could call him Robert. "Nope! Just Bob." There you have it. He might be the first Chinese Bob I've ever known. Suits him, don't you think?!
Turner's favorite toy while there were his swords. He kind of likes to sneak up on you in a prowler kind of stance and whack the heck out of you. You would think that might be a grandparent gift. Nope. I had a *slight* lapse in judgement in the dollar section at Target the other day. It's been slaps in the face with foam swords ever since.
While in Toledo we ate.
And ate.
And ate.
It's back on the Weight Watcher's wagon for me today. Boo.
Don't let this adorable picture of Turner sleeping lead you to believe they actually slept while on the road. I'm a HUGE stickler for bed time. In fact it *might be* a sickness. But when we're on the road, especially at a grandparents' house, I feel like rules need to slide a bit. (I have fond memories of indulgences at my grandparents' houses.) This picture was taken shortly after Turner finally passed out after yelling, singing, jumping and having fun with his brother and sister in their shared room.
At one point Olivia was singing (?! yelling?!) at the top of her lungs. I was just about to go and bust her up when she loudly declared, "I have a really strong voice, don't I Turner!" No answer. So she answered herself. "Yep, I do." Steve and I just giggled.
Happy Mother's Day to me!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

That is a great picture of you, your Mom and Olivia!! Glad you had a nice visit (minus the poor sleep). I hope your parents are well. One of these Toledo visits you need to call ME! I'm only an hour away...