Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Has anyone seen my self-respect?

Because it seems that along with Turner's shoe and Olivia's Halloween costume, that too has come up missing this week!

And this is why...

I took my family to Kroger last night, FOR DINNER. And you may think, "Well, its a grocery store, of course you bought your dinner there."

I mean... we actually ate dinner on samples last night. And not a one was healthy.
This is the 2nd annual, Koproski family fun night at Kroger and obviously I was counting on a better showing than last year. In my back pocket was the knowledge that since our Kroger has remodeled, there is now a cafe, we could always get some chicken fingers and mac 'n cheese and call it a night.

But lets just say, Kroger Freshfare did not disappoint!
While I'm a bit embarrassed to say that my whole family had ONLY sugar for dinner, it was a true treat of an experience!

There was a pumpkin decorating station, a cookie decorating station, employees dressed up like a bride and groom handing out "wedding cake" and "diamond rings" (she even threw the bouquet and O was heart broken that some other girl "got to take those flowers home with her." Yeah, it won't be the last time, kiddo!)

Turner was mesmerized by the chocolate fountain. And to his delight they gave him a chocolate covered pretzel rolled in Halloween sprinkles (2nd course on the all sugar all the time dinner.)
Quinn, who won't touch a veggie or a fruit to save his life was in hog heaven as we hit the Chex Mix station as well as the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut out in the shapes of a black cat. (Can I count PB&J as health food? MMmmkay, thanks!)

Although it was hard to get him to come out of the car cart, he popped out if there was a *something* dipped in chocolate to intrigue him. Are you SURE I didn't birth this child??
Even Steve declared, "I'm ashamed of myself" as we rolled ourselves back into the van, once our shopping was finished. And I confess, Weight Watchers, please forgive me for I have sinned. However, YES! I did, in fact, get my weekly shopping done. It just took us an hour and a half to get there.
Lo and behold, don't you know the culmination of the night came 10 minutes before we walked out the double doors because me oh my, there was FACE PAINTING!
As you may recall, Olivia has been transformed into a butterfly no less than a half a dozen times in the past 2 months.
I was hoping to sneak out of the store without her knowing there was face painting, but she is much too observant for that. So with only a half hour before shower time to enjoy her butterfly self, she made every moment count.
As much as last year was an utter failure, Kroger has redeemed itself in my eyes as a viable option for some sugary, self-indulgent fun. Have mercy!

1 comment:

KTC said...

would have love to do the suburban experience with you!! chocolate fountain... wow!