Tuesday, October 13, 2009

All aboard

for some family fun.

The 5 of us, plus Grandma and Aunt Kerry(Steve's mom and sister), who were in town for Quinn's birthday, went to Lebanon, OH for a cute little train ride.

It's called the Pumpkin Patch Express. It was a 45 minute train ride to a little farm (it probably would have been about a 10 min. ride if the train had ever reached speeds over 10 mph) where there were animals to feed, pumpkins to pick, port-a-potties to visit and a nasty long line to stand in for a piece of pumpkin pie.

The train riders were given 50 minutes to visit the farm and then were loaded back onto the train for another 45 min. ride back to our cars.
I *may* have mentioned a time or two that I can't get any info out of Olivia regarding school. However, Monday afternoon she told me that she told all her friends at school she got to ride a choo choo. I asked her what they said and she told me they all said they hope they get to ride a choo choo some day!

Well, that was worth the price of admission right there. Not necessarily her being the envy of her classmates (is it wrong that I'm a little happy that she was???) but more that I got a school story out of her!
I've been wanting to do this train ride ever since Turner developed his love for all things choo choo.

In fact, this kid is train crazy!!!! (I guess most little boys are.) He doesn't really have much to say but if there is a train nearby or a Thomas video on, look out!
It's funny how much I delight in my kids' happiness. They say it happens... but hey, I was a skeptic. I'm an only child, selfish pig. NEVER in a million years would I have believed in my early 20s if you told me that one day I would dream of riding a slow train to nowhere just to watch my kids have fun. But I did, and I do.

So, life is spent differently these days.
And guess what?
I love it!

1 comment:

Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com said...

we're going in a week and a half :-)! Can't wait, the boys are going to go CRAZY!!