Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 3, 2003

6 years can go by really fast! We joke and say, Hmmm... seems like 20! But in a good way. We had a great wedding day. Lots of fun memories. A really great trip to Mexico (pre swine flu!) The day was chilly but I was tan, so who cared!

We had yummy appetizers, a great dinner and we actually remember stuff. Steve laughs because as I walked down the aisle I personally greeted each guest with a look or an under my breath "hey". He says I didn't even realize he was there until I nearly ran into him as the aisle came to a stop. I'm not sure if that is true, but I have to say when I watch the video (or used to watch it before I taped over it with the American Idol a few seasons back. True story!) I am actually a bit embarrassed. But walking down the aisle was truly one of my all time favorite memories in life. To see so many friends from different eras of my life all in one place at one time was once in a lifetime.

And if I could only have one food for the rest of my life it would be wedding cake! Don't get me wrong, I love all kinds of cake, but wedding cake is in a league of it's own. It was the one thing I wasn't going to compromise on my own wedding day. And it was fabulous!

In fact, I was so determined not to miss out on my own cake, during the reception I stood in line for a piece of my own. You only get that dinky piece you feed each other (which we DID NOT smash all over each other if you were wondering) and that clearly wasn't going to cut it.

Several people insisted that as the bride I should cut to the front of the cake line, but it ended up being one of my favorite wedding day memories, standing in line for a piece of my own cake. It was a great place to mix and mingle. Our cake people did a great thing too. Instead of sending home the top tier to freeze so you can gag it down a year later, they gave us a coupon for a freshly baked duplicate a year later. So not only did we enjoy cake once, we enjoyed it twice. That's what the call in Chinese "Double Happiness."

I have tons of wedding day memories, but those are just a few. Because we were flying back from Lisa's wedding on our anniversary, I missed posting this. Even though our anniversary has come and gone, I didn't want to let the opportunity pass to let my amazing husband know that I love him EVEN more than the day we got married. The past six years has been SO MUCH FUN. I am so thankful and feel sad for all the ladies in the world who don't get to be married to you. I got the catch of a lifetime! Happy Anniversary. and many more to come.

2 comments:

Mommin' It Up! said...

congrats! great post, you guys are awesome!

KTC said...

so glad I was there and part of it!