Friday, July 9, 2010

Getaway part two

I'm finally getting around to posting the second half of our Grandma getaway. What can I say? That Jake/Vienna interview took a lot out of me on Monday. I'm still a bit behind!

Are we the only ones who like to wash their car on vacation? Do we know how to party or what? I guess it IS a party when you let your kids do the work for you. Shhh.. don't tell Children Services.

Steve's parents live right across the street from Lake Erie. Which is nice. It makes me feel like we are on a real vacation. With water and sand and stuff.

Mostly my kids threw rocks into the water.



I'm not really sure why any of them had those rings. Not one of them went in.









In fact, this guy didn't even get near the water. But hey, it's better to be safe then sorry.

And if a tsunami happened, by golly, he would have been ready!













On Saturday, the 3rd, we headed into Cleveland to see Steve's sister's new apartment. *Luckily* she lives across the street from Crocker Park, a really cool shopping town that was having a blow out 4th of July festival complete with face painting, pony rides and a live band.





I know I'm biased, but isn't she one of the prettiest girls you've ever seen?! Wow.

And she loves her some face paint (or in this case, wrist paint.)








Did I mention people on stilts? 'Cuz they had that too!














Although the pony rides were a $5 per kid rip off, we splurged and did it (mostly b/c I knew it would be a good blog pic!) I'm sick, I know.

Here is the one picture of the one kid who smiled one time for my $15 investment.








Because then, the smiles stopped.



I'm not sure who is more unhappy looking, Olivia or the pony.


I'm going with the pony.





And Turner? At least he wasn't crying!


And I think I can read Quinn's mind from here, "They sure never made me do THIS at the orphanage!"

The happiest part of this picture? The DSW in the background.


The rest of the day was spent running around the shopping town in 95 degree heat, trying to track down *sparkly* silly bands. To no avail.


Happy 9th of July to you and yours.

1 comment:

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Oh girl, Jake and Vienna took me OUT. Haha, that was a whole lot of drama! Love the pics - looks like you had a great time!