Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas: the cliff notes

I'm going to get around to a Christmas-post (complete with pictures)... one of these days. We had a MAGICAL Christmas with one wide eyed 3 year old, a clueless Chinese 2 year old and a 10 day away from being 2; 2 year old. Once we got over the barfing... Santa got to presenting and mommy was so excited, she woke up at 5:30am Christmas morning. After enjoying presents, a birthday cake for Jesus and a slight delay in getting out of the house (fyi.. don't take short cuts when dealing with barf soaked car seats. Just suck it up and wash the whole dang thing!), we hopped in the van and went to BeBe and Paw's for Christmas day and a few extra to boot.

We got back last night (with a completely exhausted mommy) and all I could do was lay on the couch and watch The Sound of Music in a semi-comatose state. The 5 of us got up this morning ready to hit the highway so that we could visit Ikea... I've got a bee in my bonnet about re-doing our bathroom and getting some storage units for all this new Christmas crap. HAVE YOU BEEN TO AN IKEA?? Oh my word... the walking. And the free kids' lunch. Too good to be true. Currently, Steve is assembling storage containers, floor lamps and a shoe rack. Oh, the Christmas joy keeps on giving.

Did I mention I got my hair cut today too? I went from blond to brunette as well. Call it the winter blues, who knows, but I needed a change. Shorter was too permanent. Blonder was too summery. So brunette it is. Its a nice change.

Pretty much this whole post is drivel. But it is a summary that is my life. Pictures to come. More drivel to follow.

1 comment:

KTC said...

oh, our IKEA doesn't have free kids' lunches.. but they are $1.99. still not too shabby! So, did you get KJ's bouncy castle? or your own? I'm all confused... but she said she was talking to you.....