Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A recommendation for you

For the first time in my life I LOVE the church we attend. There are a million different reasons, and I won't get into all of them, because I don't want to assume you care. However, I do want to let you know that one of the top things that makes me never want to move from Dayton (was that outloud?) and leave our church is the worship. Phil, our worship leader, is AMAZING. He has a great voice, writes songs that take me straight to the throne of God but above all, I always get a sense that he is doing what Jesus is telling him to do. He's not all into himself and he gets out of the way well.

Why tell you all of this? Because there is a chance for you to share in my weekly experience. Phil and his wife, Amber (along with their two super cute kids) are adopting a child from Ethiopia. Another great reason to love the Wings! They put out this CD that is for sale at www.philwing.com and I would HIGHLY recommend getting over there and buying it. 100% of the proceeds go to help fund their adoption. I LOVE LOVE LOVE song #2 on the album and wish I was technologically savvy enough to link it up here and have you listen. But we've been down that road before on this blog and you and I both know that ain't gonna happen. So take my word for it, shoot over to the website, plunk down a few bucks and walk away a happy camper while helping to bring home their baby!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

thanks so much for posting this! i also LOVE the CD, and not just because he's my husband :)