Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Nine

Whoa.  It's been so long since I've blogged, my blog server changed its format.  Forgive me if this ends up being disjointed, I've got to figure out how to navigate around here.  Serves me right, going so long in between posts.

Around here we are nearing the home stretch for school.  I'm about to have a first grader on my hands.  Now that feels like REAL school to me.  I have major (and fond) memories of first grade.  I'm really excited for Olivia and a bit sad for myself.  Kindergarten has been magical for us.  We've had a wonderful experience and it is such an innocent time.  I wish I could freeze this year and just stay here. 

I've been so pleased with the year I just wrote a letter to the principal asking that Turner be switched to Olivia's teacher next year.  The boys have one more year of pre-school but at their school (because it is Montessori) they are with the same teacher for three years.  I'm pretty sure he'll get switched.  I hope so.

Monday is my next to last chemo treatment.  Which brings excitement/anxiety.  In some ways, I can't believe it's coming to an end all ready.  In other ways it seems like I've been doing this forever.  It will be a huge relief to not have to go into the doctor's office twice every three weeks.  It is also a tad nerve wracking that they've been checking me every three weeks and now they are sending me out on my own.  I'll be checking in every 4 or 6 months (guess I'd better get that detail figured out at my appointment tomorrow.)  I am so thankful to be where I am, considering last year at this time I was bald, exhausted and depressed.

Tomorrow is our 9th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe it has been 9 years.  Life sure did look a lot different back then.  Some things are harder now, lots of things are better.  Richer.  It is SO GOOD to be as in love with your husband as much as you were on the day you married him... maybe more so.  It's crazy how you stand in front of a crowd, in a beautiful dress, surrounded by friends and family and you excitedly pronounce you will move through life *for better or for worse.  in sickness and in health.*  Most of the time, I would guess, people have no idea what they are pledging.  I sure didn't.  But I would do it all over again.  A thousand times over. 

So they can change my blog format, add kids to my life, take my hair away, grow it back again, but it is AMAZING to say one thing I wouldn't change is the man I'm married to.  That is something to be thankful for!

1 comment:

betseykerr said...

Well said! Happy Anniversary! You were a beautiful bride!