Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another chapter

I'm a bit of a mess.  Tomorrow is the last day of kindergarten.  A LOT has changed since the first day of kindergarten.  (Woah.. was I really bald?  And skinny?  Seems I've been gaining weight and hair like it's my job . Crazy!)

I have not found myself being sad as my kids transition from one stage of life to the next.  But this one is really getting to me.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe because 1st grade sounds so old.  Like a real person.  Maybe it's because I can remember 1st grade, so I know we are starting to hit actual memory makers.

Maybe it's because Kindergarten (for this mommy) has been magical.  She has grown, blossomed and become so smart.  She reads.  She preformed on stage last week and didn't even bat an eye.  She is a friend to everyone.  She has been with the same teacher for the past three years and now she moves on.

I realize that by Saturday, I won't even look back.  But tonight, the last day of kindergarten-eve, I am emotional.  My little girl is not quite so little any more!

3 comments:

Krista said...

I remember that magical time well! Zoey starts middle school in the fall, I'm excited for her, but sad that elementary school is ending. Here's to savoring time with our kids!

Amy said...

I am with you Elizabeth. I have been kind of holding back tears for a month now. With Carys going into 1st and Broderick 3rd, I just can't handle it. I agree about the memory making. It is also weird for me because both of mine will be in all day school and I am going back to work part time next year so it is a double whammy for me. Praying for you!

ktc said...

enjoy every moment... the years fly by! can't believe Elena turned 14 yesterday!!