Saturday, October 1, 2011

Some good, some bad

I've been meaning to blog for days. It's kind of been haunting me. Like one of those things you kind of want to do, but more know you *should* do. Should because so many of you have been so kind with comments on my dad's passing. In all honesty, this week has been down right busy. Lots of life going on. Last week we totally closed out my dad's apartment. Goodwill. Craig's List. Garbage. Laughs. Tears. Arguments.

I came across something on grief this week that said, "Don't be in a rush to get rid of your loved one's belongings." Too late. "Don't be in a rush to close your loved one's house." Too late. "Don't hop back into your normal life too soon. Take some time off if possible." Not possible.

I've caught myself several times this week getting ready to call my dad. For the past 5 years I've called home daily to make sure everyone was alright. That responsibility is now over. Some of that is actually a relief.

That is my brief update. I've really enjoyed this past week in the midst of grief. I laughed. A lot. Found much to be thankful for. Had another great report from my doctor. Exercised. Cooked. Baked. Enjoyed time with some girlfriends. Celebrated my husband (he turned 41 this week.) Watched The X Factor. Totally loved it!!! Bought my kids warm clothes (it suddenly turned fall here in Dayton; leaving us a bit unprepared.) I did lots of stuff. Blogging just wasn't one of them.

Here's to getting back into the blog swing of things. Have a great weekend and GO BUCKEYES.

2 comments:

Meg said...

E, good to hear how you're doing. Can't believe what a crazy year its been. . .

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

I am so thankful you were there with him. What a blessing for him and you. I actually started blogging after my dad died. It was a release for me. It gave me something to do when the cleaning and crying just weren't enough. I still pick up the phone to call my dad. I get sad and then try and do something so I wont be sad. So, I get it.

It was so good to sit with you in church today. Love you my friend. By the way, you should so let your readers see your hair. I think it looks adorable and super stylish!!