Sunday, May 15, 2011

'Twas the night before Chemo

I was going to attempt to change the words to the whole poem and then I thought better. Let's face it, I'm just not that creative. Nor do I want to spend precious time on my Sunday before Chemo wasting brain cells. But it would have been a good idea, maybe some other time.

This weekend has been fabulous. And sometimes a fabulous weekend right before my tough week can be counter productive. You know, the kind of thing where life has finally gotten back into the normal groove, I'm feeling good, having fun and then BAM, here we go again.

But I've been thankful for some really great prayer times and and some great verses from the Bible; reminding me that God goes with me every step of the way this week. Because, remember, there is still a chance that I could walk into the chemo room tomorrow and they send me right back home because my immunity is low. But I've come to grips with the fact that God is controlling the timing of this thing. I will be thankful, either way. (However, I'm still trusting that He is booting my counts as we speak.)

I've also gotten pretty excited about thinking that after this round there is only ONE MORE rough week. Only one more treatment of each day. In four weeks, all the rough parts will be history. I'll tell you what, there's going to be a party around here... that's for sure!

One of my sweet nurses, Amy, is getting married June 9th in Florida. She will be gone for all of my last treatment. I found out where she is registered and went out and bought her a wedding gift. I'm excited to surprise her tomorrow. I got her a card and as I was writing her a note, thanking her for the amazing and tender care she's given me, I started to cry. It's weird how attached I've gotten to these people. Now, I don't have to get THAT sad, since I'll be seeing them once every three weeks for the next year for my follow up treatment, but still. As this big part wraps up and I think about the basket case that I started out as and where I sit today, I'm so thankful for where the Lord has brought me. I know this thing is not over (in reality, I still have one more round after this, even though I keep telling myself this is my last one that *counts*) I have begun to see the very bright light at the end of the tunnel.

With that being said, prayers for this week are greatly appreciated! First, that I would be able to go ahead with chemo this round as scheduled (next round too for that matter). Also, that when the chemo funk hits, I would be able to run to God for the strength and courage to make it through. And of course, as always, that the cancer is gone... forever!

Thanks friends. You are greatly appreciated, see you on the *other side*.

8 comments:

Grace Komisarski said...

Remember, you can give me a call/text if you want some company :) Praise to Jesus for your progress and prayers for your continued strength and total reliance on Him.

Lauren K said...

Praying for you this week E!

Rose said...

It is wonderful to hear the high spirit in your voice. Praises, praises and more praises, God is so good!!!

victoria said...

See now you have given me a project!! Now to find the poem...

You made me think of my IVF nurses. It has been 8 years since I spent weeks seeing them every other day and since they first got to deliver the very worst news ever to me (when the first round was a failure) and the best news ever that the second round was a success. I still send them a Christmas card..I don't even know if any of the same ones are there.

As I know I don't have to say but I will...prayers are coming this week as much as last week and the week before...

Anonymous said...

I am a stranger who came upon your blog-praying for you!! I love your sense of humor and honesty!! Hope this week goes well! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

jenny from mommin' it up said...

loved being with you tonight. praying and thinking of you always! hope you get that chemo tomorrow! love u.

The Halters said...

Dear one...may your week be blessed. May your smile encourage those who see you and your words minister to those near you. May you feel the power of the Holy Spirit's support, intercession to the Father, and healing. May your children rise up and call you blessed. May your husband show how he treasures the gift you are. May God bring peace and joy. Luvu....Sharon

victoria said...

Now I have a week to write "Twas the night before Chemo! Sending you much love!