Friday, June 7, 2013

Which came first... the chicken or the ...waffle??

My morning began at 5:50.  I hit the shower by 6:00 and Quinn and I were out the door at 6:35 for a Starbucks run.  When we are at home Quinn is an early riser.  But the rule at our house is that you're not allowed out of bed until the clock reads seven zero zero.  Well... when you're all crammed in a room together - it does NOT matter what time the clock says!  This mama is getting up.  The other three managed to sleep a touch longer.

We had meetings again today while the kids (all 10 of them) played well together.  I took the kids out to play around 3:00 and there was not a cloud in the sky.  The weather was a perfect 72 degrees.  And I may have wondered out loud why the heck I live in Ohio!

Our group piled into some vans this evening and headed to a place called Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.  Apparently the thing to do out here is eat your waffle with a big 'ole piece of fried chicken on top.  Honestly, that just didn't sound too appealing to me.  However, the rice and beans with a half a bottle of hot sauce sure did.  And that's what I ate.  I tried a taste of the waffle with chicken.  Meh.  I'll stick with my super spicy rice and beans.

We have one more day until nearly 30 college athletes from all over the country arrive.  Many preparations are going into their arrival.  I am so excited for them.

It was 19 years ago almost to the day that I was a fresh college graduate heading into New York City for a very similar experience.  It changed my life.  And I'm not even being dramatic.  It is fun to imagine which students' lives are about to be changed forever.  They have no idea!

No comments: