Sunday, June 23, 2013

Home again, home again,

We're baaack!

We arrived back in Dayton Saturday night.  After a long and nearly perfect travel day (we had one barfer.  Quinn got airsick on our decent into Denver at the end of our first leg.  Poor guy, he may never eat another Cheez-it again in his life.  Which, if you know him, would be tragic.)  We were happy to sleep in our own beds last night.

It was a bittersweet leaving of LA.  The kids had grown attached to friends, we had grown attached to the kids we worked with at our ministry sight.  Our family had grown attached to the others we shared our unique experience with over the past three weeks.  The FIJI house had also grown attached to the bottom of Turner's feet (which were permanently and disgustingly black over the last three weeks.)  This leads me to assume that the FIJI's do NOT regularly clean their house.  Which also leads me to want to vomit if I think too long on that.  Therefore, my own home has never looked, smelled or been cleaner to me in my life.  I am thankful!

There are more pictures, stories and reflections to come.  Our schedule (which most days began at 6 am and ended at 10 pm) ended up being much more grueling than I had anticipated.  I hoped to have more frequent updates here, but I was literally burning the candle at both ends.  We now have about 2 and a half weeks before we load up the van and head back out west. This time to Colorado for about 2 weeks of training for work.  It's just *one of those summers.*  I know, poor us, right?!

But for the next 2 weeks we are going to squeeze some good 'ole summer fun out of life!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com