Thursday, March 8, 2012

My little blue pill

Thank you for those of you who have expressed concern about my MIA status here. I assure you I am alive and well. Ok, so the well part has been debatable. But about 2 days ago I had a break in the darkness. Zoloft strikes again :) In a good way. My grief counselor suggested I ask my Dr. about an increase. At which point I burst into tears. Later that day I decided if a conversation over an anti-depressant caused me to sob, perhaps I was still depressed. The Dr. agreed. I went back the next day to my counselor and reported back on the dosage. She basically laughed and told me that the dose I've been on for the past year is nothing more than a jelly bean. So on the days I was feeling crazy and like I couldn't handle life, it's because I couldn't. I'm not sure the increase has entirely kicked in yet, but I do notice a lessening in the neck stiffness, shoulder tension and over all irritability. I explained it to Steve as though it I've been a gigantic bundle of nerves (physically and emotionally) for the past 8 weeks. I sense that is lessening. Thank the Lord!

Maybe I'll even get back to a point where I want to post pictures? And crack jokes? And no longer want to kill the dog? Nahhhh.... I'll always want to kill the dog! But a girl can dream, can't she?!

2 comments:

jenny from mommin' it up said...

If you STOP wanting to kill the dog, I am going to suspect you're using a Xanax chaser with the Zoloft! I hope this dosage is better than a jellybean - at LEAST a Sour Patch kid, right!? Love you.

The Halters said...

Soo glad to hear from you. I'm trusting for your continued encouragement. Blessings...