Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and other Well Wishes

I would have blogged over the holidays but I was too busy waiting for Santa, sleeping through the New Year ball drop and reading The Hunger Games to write. But the kids finally went back to school today and life is back to normal. Phew.

All in all, the two week break from school was really fun. We did lots of fun stuff (which did NOT include seeing Chipwrecked,the Chipmunks movie, and Happy Feet Two... the kids thought it was fun, me- notsomuch.) It also did NOT include a date for Steve and I. We literally tried 8 different people two weeks straight to babysit, but it was a no go. Oh well. It was not for a lack of trying.

It's a good thing my life's motto is "If you wait 'til the last minute, it only takes a minute" because all of a sudden Turner's 4th birthday as this weekend. And um, I've spent about a minute on any kind of planning. It's not because I don't love him. It's because we practiced poor planning and had a kid too close on the heels of major holidays. Oops. My guess is that as long as there are presents and cake, he's good.

All in all, I'm more than happy to ring in 2012! 2011 can kiss my ####. How's that for sentiment? I actually do have some deep thoughts on this new year. I feel like God has broken through some of my darkness and I do look forward to unpacking that here. I may also post pics of our under the tree slumber party, Olivia's new *Kit from American Girl Doll* hair cut and other fun stuff. The bleak mid-winter ought to provide plenty of opportunity for posts. Happy New Year~

No comments: