Monday, June 9, 2014

The monkeys are out

 
First day of school.  They were ready to go.  Two kindergarteners and a Second grader.

 
As I scrolled through the pics, I found this.  What in the world?  I have no idea how David Hastlehoff got into my pics.  But honestly, Quinn is the one who looks super-imposed.  If this doesn't make you laugh, you have a cold, cold heart.

 
And this?  Straight out of the 80's.  Everything about it!

 
Look at those two guys!  You just know they had a fight over who got to hold that sign. 
You know why I won't miss Kindergarten?  Because I never know if it is Kindergarten or Kindergarden.  Seriously.  That's why I loved "pre-K."
 
 
And here they are on their last day. 
We had another fight about the sign.  But this time it was where the green wipe off board has gone.  Who knows? 
Who cares?!
 
Olivia and her friend Lila.  It was a heart breaking day for Olivia as Lila moves on to 4th grade next year.
At the Montessori school, my kids stay in the same room with the same teacher and kids for 3 grade levels.  1-3rd years are together.  This dynamic duo will be broken up next year as Olivia stays in the room to tackle 3rd grade without her better half. 
Tears ensued.
 
Because Olivia will remain in her class (and because I think her teachers high-tailed it outta dodge before the dust settled upon the final bell), I didn't get a chance to take her picture with her amazing teachers, Mrs. Taylor and Mrs. Witt.  No worries... I'm planning ahead and am already sad for the end of next year! 
 
This double trouble will also get busted next year.  But that won't be the first time.  These two have been causing trouble for years.  Don't worry if you can't tell them apart.  Neither can I.  (Turner is on the right!)
 
Mrs. Shirley has been teaching a Koproski kid ever since we've been at the school.  She has invested well into our family!  There may be an extra crown in heaven awaiting her.  Just sayin'.
 
 
And our beloved principal is moving on next year. 
This time, I actually cried.  She is a tremendous leader, person and example for my children.  I may have asked her to stay if the parent group bought her a new car.  She just laughed, I was a little serious.
We have laughed and even cried together over the years.  I'm not sure what I'll do without my "twin." (Students have stopped her in the hall to say, "Hi Turner's mom.")

 
Mrs. Madden and Mrs. Josyula have loved this boy as if he were their own.  I can barely type words to express how much I love these two ladies.  Quinn has become confidant, independent, a reader and a leader under their watch.  He too moves up to a  new class level next year. 
 
The end of the school year is exciting and heartbreaking all at the same time. My heart says a huge thank you to all of the teachers who have invested into my kids' lives.  Seriously, you are some of the hardest working and finest women I know.
 
THANK YOU.  HAVE A GREAT SUMMER.

1 comment:

oceanluna said...

I just saw this blog. Parker told me about this one! Quinn showed him at school a couple of days ago.