Friday, March 21, 2014

Back and giddy with thankfulness

It may appear that I have allowed my blogging to once again fall by the wayside. 

Yep, pretty much.

But wait... I can explain.  I've been a bit busy.  And out of town.  As in REALLY out of town.  Since January, I've been to Atlanta, GA.  Los Angeles, CA.  Tucson, AZ.  NY, NY and just last Sunday, Steve and I got back from a 9 night travel to Israel.  As in Israel, Israel.  I hope all of that does not sound like bragging.  Seriously, this amount of travel is totally unheard of for me.  Most of the trips were for work, but naturally, they were all peppered with incredible pleasure!


To be honest, there have been points in time over the past several months that I have felt a touch of guilt.  The opportunities that I have had to travel and see the world lately are some that few people will have in a lifetime.  That humbling truth has not been missed on me.

God has graciously blessed me.  I have stories and pictures that I am dying to share.  I NEED to share.  For my own heart and memory.  Spring break began 20 minutes ago and I'm hoping this week affords me some time to collect my thoughts. 

In the meantime, it is also a different kind of celebration day around here.  I had my 6 month check up with my oncologist today.  I am once again *officially* declared cancer free.  In case you are keeping track, that makes nearly 3 years (June 1st ish will be 3 years).  I got a little *off track* with my every six month check ups because we were in NYC and had to cancel my appointment back in January.  It was an enormous growth step for me to cancel that appointment.  Normally, I would have been beside myself "needing to know" everything was well.  Could it be that I might be moving out of the crazy, hypochondriac state I've been living in?  It would be awesome to be a sane, normal person once again.  Time will tell. 

So, join our family in celebrating today another clean bill of health.  Between traveling the world and feeling amazing, I have much to be thankful for.  If I seem giddy, it's because I am. 

And I'll take it.

No comments: