Sunday, February 19, 2012

What a week

Six years ago my sweet baby girl came into the world. It was cold. Super cold. We went once and were told to go home and wait it out. We went back a few hours later. By early evening I held Olivia. Is it bad to say I might prefer having a 6 year old to a new born? Anyhow, happy birthday to my amazing daughter. Pictures of her gymnastics party to come.

In fact, I'm pathetically behind on many pictures. Although this has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life, there has been plenty of fun stuff as well. In light of Susie's health crisis, I just haven't had the *umph* to blog. Sleep has been poor. Crazy neck, shoulder and back tension have consumed me. I've been a bit of a basket case. Today felt a bit better. Please continue to pray for Susie and for me. Please check out their website for the latest update. On the website they have posted a video of Ben, Susie's husband, where he tells first hand their story and the prognosis. I'm thankful to be able to post the link, because honestly, I just don't have it in me to re-tell the story. We really, truly need a miracle!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just watched the video of her husband telling the story, and my heart is breaking for them and you. The only thing giving me some kind of comfort is the fact that instead of breaking down and giving up, they are choosing to rely on God and keep living. I will definitely pray like crazy! For her and you...

jenny from mommin' it up said...

been praying for both of you. Just like Ben said in the video I believe with all my heart that God CAN perform a miracle here! I hope and pray that is the way He will receive glory thru this.
I know this is crazy hard on you. Please, again, let me know how I can help you do what you need to do during this time!
So thankful for O! She is such a sweet girl and I hope she felt celebrated!