Thursday, July 31, 2008

umm.. hello?

So, I'm an avid blog reader but have been leary about beginning one myself. Mostly because I wonder, will anyone read it and if they do- what do I have to say? But then I realized, if nothing else, this is the closest thing I may come to keeping a journal these days... I really SHOULD be doing that while my kids are young, right? So if nothing else, I hope to entertain myself. I'm also hoping it will remind me to take my camera places and actually take pictures (I'm the worst.) Because is it not true that blogs w/ pics are so much more interesting!

My mom has been bugging me to write down the funny things my kids (Olivia- now 2 1/2 and Turner nearly 7 mo.) do and say. Well, right now O is up "taking a nap" talking about her friends Mikayla and Jackson. I hear her saying "not Jackon, Jackson" (heavy emphasis on the SON). I think this monologue is largely due to an earlier conversation we had before we met up with them at a Children's Museum and I was correcting her pronunciation. But come on O- 15 minutes of this by yourself during nap time is a bit much! So here I am probably blogging to myself while my daughter is in her room talking to herself... seems like the Koproski women need some social interaction.

4 comments:

Steve K said...

What a funny and so 'you' first blog entry. I delight in you Elizabeth and am excited to read the next one. Do you think this type of exchange will ever replace our talking? Hope not. Love, Steve

jenny said...

Saw your new blog address on facebook. Have I given you our blog address....calcrew.wordpress.com. Seriously, I cannot even tell you how addicted to blogs I am. It is kind of pathetic. :) Blogging is HUGE in the adoptive world, so now that you are adopting as well, you will fit right in. Enjoyed reading your little story about Olivia.
Looking forward to hanging out in a few weeks.

Gina said...

E, you have succumbed to the temptation to self-express in public! Hurrah! It is a good way to stay in touch with people.

Do people tell you you look like Starbuck?

sangju said...

How CUTE!!! I mean about what Olivia was doing during her nap. :) So adorable. I'm so glad that you started blogging! I'll look forward to reading your blog! :)